Veronika Lindberg (@kutovakika) Knit This! -book contains 21 lovely knitting patterns – hats, socks, shirts, mittens and cardigans. Knit This! -The book is in Finnish, so there is no language barrier to reading and knitting. The beautiful pictures in the book will tempt you to grab the book and dream up new wonderful knitting projects.
An example of the book’s instructions is the Quiet Delight pipe shown in the picture. The hat is knitted as a brioche knit in Knitting for Olive merino together with Silk Mohair, so it’s not only lovely, but also very soft and warm. The pipo pattern is clear, as are the other patterns in the book, so you’re sure to succeed even if you’ve knitted a little less!
See the Veronika website for more information.
As another example, Knit This! -is a lovely Stripy Affair shirt from the pattern book. The shirt has a beautiful V-neckline and dropped shoulders, and it has a relaxed fit – just perfect! The pattern uses Knitting for Olive Merino in combination with Soft Silk Mohair. The difficulty of choosing a colour is made easier by the fact that you can choose up to four colours to match your shirt.
In addition to the lovely instructions and beautiful pictures, the book is a real information pack, including the following sections, which will be useful to knitters in other ways:
- How to read knitting instructions – tips on choosing size and yarn, for example
- Knitter’s slang – in this section, we’ve explored terms often used in the knitting world such as “UFO” and “WIP”
- Knitwear care tips – good tips to keep your knitwear in good condition
- Special techniques – clear pictorial instructions for the special techniques used in the book
- Abbreviations – here are the abbreviations used in the book